A spiritual retreat is a weekend getaway at a specific location away from the distractions of every day life. Its purpose is to create an environment conducive to the assimilation of transmitted sacred knowledge giving the seeker every chance to absorb, process and permanently infuse it into his life thereby not only benefitting himself but also relatives, friends and the community at large.
- Hosted successful tour of both Habib Muhammad bin Abdullah al-Aydarus from Tarim in 2011
- April 2013 – Local Spiritual Retreat in Constantia
- September 2013 – International Spiritual Retreat in Macassar with Habib Muhammad bin Abd al-Rahman as-Saqqaf from Jeddah
- April 2014 – Local Spiritual Retreat in Macassar
- December 2014 – International Spiritual Retreat with Habib Umar bin Hafiz
- April 2015 – Local Spiritual Retreat
- December 2015 – International Spiritual Retreat with Habib Saleem son of Habib Umar
Da’wah Road Trips
A da’wah road trip is a weekend away in an impoverished outlying area. Its aim is for the group to connect to people in the area and call to Allah. This is done not only by inviting residents to the programs run by the senior ulama in attendance but also in the behaviour and mannerisms of every single person in attendance which must be in full co-ordinance with the magnificent sunnah of our master and leader Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Salam.
- April 2015 – Hermanus
- September 2015 – Saldanha, Langebaan and Vredenberg
- March 2016 – George and Mossel Bay
Other notable Mahabbah Foundation events:
- Mass Raatibul al Hadad (aka Gadat) – Masjid Shukrul Mubeen, York Road, Lansdowne. Held on 16 December 2013
- Mass Raatibul al Hadad (aka Gadat) – Hiddingh Campus Hall, Gardens. Held on 30 March 2016
The Mahabbah Foundation is a registered non profit organisation that cannot exist without the invaluable contributions from the public.